Thursday, December 1, 2011

DIY Vintage Style Reflectors For Your Christmas Tree

Something I've wanted for my Christmas tree, but never seem to find or win on eBay are vintage reflectors.
Have you ever watched an auction for them?
Wow! It's crazy how expensive they can get!

I spied a bag of sandbakkel tins in my junk drawer the other day that I picked up while thrifting who knows when... and I had an "ah-ha" moment.
Forget sandbakkels, I'm gonna make reflectors!
All I had to do to make them work, was to drill a hole in the bottom of the tin for the light to fit through. I used a 5/16 drill bit which made a perfect sized hole. Easy peasy.
For $1.99, I ended up with 25 reflector replicas. At approximately .08 cents each, I'd say that was pretty reasonable!
The added sparkle? Priceless!

9 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

Wonderful idea and one of a kind!!
You always are so creative!!
Blessings for a Merry Christmas to You and your Family!

Heidi Ann said...

I love that idea SO much I can't even express it! Hoping I might get lucky and find some of those! They are fabulous - such a wonderful idea!

Debbie Kay said...

What a great idea, I have a ton of those and thanks to you, they have a new purpose.

Smiles,

Debbie

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Wow, that is so cool, I just love this idea for giving that extra ooomph of sparkle!

LBP said...

Awesome idea! I have a few of those at home and see them all the time in the thrifts!

Thanks for sharing.

Linda

malia said...

Oh Karoline every time I visit you I LOVE what I see... thanks for the great idea! xo

malia said...

hi karoline! everytime i visit i see something amazing! thanks for the great idea! xo malia

Your Craft Book said...

There is truly nothing better than vintage and your reflectors idea is great!

Shawnee said...

Such a great idea!!